In computer and video games, sequence breaking is the act of performing actions or obtaining items out of the intended linear order, or of skipping 'required' actions or items entirely. Sequence breaking is often used to beat a game unusually quickly (see speedrunning), to beat it while only completing a few objectives or obtaining a few items, to obtain useful items early in the game, to make the game more difficult, or to help push a game as far as possible in some other way.
Press Break on the terminal keyboard within 60 seconds of power up in order to put the router into ROMMON.If the break sequence does not work, refer to Standard Break Key Sequence Combinations During Password Recovery for other key combinations. Once Done you will need to re-boot your laptop, but after that you can use as the pause/Break Key. (Option) If you want you can copy/Paste the text below into a.txt file. Save the file onto your desktop and rename as NewRegKey.reg because of the.reg extension you can then doubleclick the file to add the new registry key. Definition from UML2.5. The interactionOperator break designates that the CombinedFragment represents a breaking scenario in the sense that the operand is a scenario that is performed instead of the remainder of the enclosing InteractionFragment.
History of the term
Though sequence breaking as a concept has existed almost since the inception of computer games complex enough to have sequential storylines, apparently the first documented action in a video game to be called a sequence break occurred in the NintendoGameCube game Metroid Prime, in a thread called 'Gravity Suit and Ice Beam before Thardus'. In the game, the rock monster Thardus was designed to be a required boss before the Gravity Suit and the Ice Beam could be obtained, hence the novelty of bypassing the boss while still obtaining the items, and thus saving time if the goal is to complete the game as quickly as possible. When a gamer named Steven Banks achieved this feat on January 18, 2003, he posted his discovery on the Metroid Prime message board on GameFAQs. The thread attracted a number of interested gamers, and the term sequence breaking was incidentally coined. The term has since grown in popularity and is now often applied to unintended shortcuts in any game.
Break Sequence Diagram
- Directed by Graham Skipper. With John Dinan, Lyle Kanouse, Fabianne Therese, Audrey Wasilewski. A surreal sci-fi romance wherein a beautiful young woman and strange metaphysical forces threaten the reality of a reclusive video arcade technician, resulting in bizarre biomechanical mutations and a shocking self-realization.
- Break Sequence for ASR 1002-X Hello, I have made a rookie mistake while configuring my ASR 1002-X Router. I have put our network radius server ip, and logon information to log on to the router with radius. I did not out in the emergency or local account onto the router before I.
The term has become so pervasive that it has begun appearing in video games itself,[note 1] and inspired by games such as Super Metroid, game designers may create their games with sequence breaking in mind.
- ^Intelligent Systems. Super Paper Mario.
Over the Flagpole: Surely you are cheating! You are exploiting a glitch! You are a sequence breaker!
- ^Carless, Simon (2004). Gaming Hacks. O'Reilly Media. ISBN0-596-00714-0.
- ^'Ice Beam + Gravity Suit before Thardus using Triple Jump'. metroid2002.com. 2003-01-27. Retrieved 2009-03-27.
- ^'Metroid Prime Sequence Breaking (v. 4.0) [Previously Ice+Grav before Thardus]'. metroid2002.com. 2003-02-11. Retrieved 2009-03-27.
- ^Priestman, Chris (2015-05-17). 'Going Weird And Wild With 3D Platformer Spooky Poo's Happy Hell'. Silicon Era.